Halloween is finally here! And that means it's time to chow down on sweets; especially chocolate! Our adorable, pink ghost, Fantasma, loves chocolate. In fact, he loves it so much that he has an entire chocolate cake recipe to share with you all. Keep reading to find out how to make this delicious treat to get started!
3 Large Eggs
1/3rd Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 Cup of Water
Cake Mix of Choice
Chocolate or Caramel Syrup
Chocolate Candy Melts
Cooking Pan(s), Measuring Cup
1. Coat pan lightly with oil or butter and add a bit of flour to help the cake not stick to the pan.
2. Mix eggs, cake mix, water, and oil into a bowl. Drizzle a bit of chocolate syrup or melted chocolate into the cake mix. Thoroughly mix until smooth and all air bubbles are flattened out.
3. Pour cake mix onto pan. Begin to put into oven.
4. Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Possibly more or less depending on size of the pan. An 8 inch pan takes typically 25-45 minutes.
Warning: Let cool before adding icing because the cake will be too hot and tear easily if you try and spread icing with a knife!
5. Coat the cake in your favorite chocolate icing. Add chocolate melts circling the cake or however you’d like to arrange them.
6. Crumble up your favorite cookies and spread them over the cake. Finally, drizzle caramel or chocolate syrup over the whole cake and you are done! Fantasma can’t wait to try your scrumptious creation! 😊
· You may use chocolates to decorate your cake or any other sweets and icing you desire!
· You don’t have to use a regular pan and have a circle or square cake. Get creative! Try using other molding pan shapes or even cutting the shape of the cake into a ghost! All you need is a good cutting utensil and a stencil to base it off of. And it’s okay if it doesn’t come out right. All that matters is that it’s fun and delicious!
· You can also use this recipe to make brownies or cupcakes! Just switch a couple of items.
· A double layer cake should feed 6 to 8 people.
· Healthline, online health and wellness site, says that chocolate may lower blood pressure, reduce heart disease risk, could improve brain function, and is very nutritious, so get to baking!
Make sure you snap a photo of your spooky treat and hashtag it with #heavenlystorybook on Instagram or Facebook!!